Cultural Fair Student Volunteers & Docents
Students can help with the Cultural Fair and earn volunteer hours for your Social Studies Class.
The more you help the more service hours you earn!
- Be a Country Docent
- Perform a Group/individual Cultural Dance, Song, Play an Instrument, Etc.
- Serve Food at the Food Fair
Attention Docents: Get Ready!
Student docents are volunteers who work at a booth representing a country during the school day on March 28th for the Cultural Fair. It's easy to get onboard - Follow this REQUIRED process:
1. Submit your request to volunteer by 2/15
You can submit your request by either returning your paper form to your social studies teacher or using the online form. On 2/28, you will receive your permission slip with your country assignment.
2. Attend mandatory student docent training during lunch
- 6th grade docents - Thursday, March 8, Room 33
- 7th grade docents - Friday, March 9, Room 33
- 8th grade docents - Tuesday, March 13, Room 33
3. Visit the websites below to research your assigned country
4. Complete online form about your country
- Answer a few questions about your country.
- Be sure to click "submit" to have your answers reported to the social studies department.
5. Get Teacher Signatures
Be sure to have the teachers for the classes you will be missing sign your permission slip so that you may be released from class. You may not participate without your teacher's signatures.
6. Show up to volunteer during your assigned periods on 3/28.
Questions? Contact Elizabeth Roper at firstname.lastname@example.org